The de Havilland Mosquito was first introduced in November 15, 1941. It was primarily used in WWII by the Royal Air Force as well as the air forces of Canada, Australia, and the United States. A total of 7,781 units of this aircraft was produced from 1940 to 1950. It served primarily as a high-speed, unarmed fast bomber equipped with a twin engines. What made the Mosquito very different from its contemporaries is that it was made largely out of wood. This is why it was known as the "Wooden Wonder." Pilots of the aircraft also fondly referred to it as "Mossie." The FB Mk.VI is one of the Mosquito's variants. This variant first appeared in the Spring of 1943, fitted with four 7.7mm nose-mounted machine guns and four 20mm auto cannons. It was also able to carry four 500lb bombs. With its precise low-altitude bombing feature, this multi-role aircraft was used to attack SS facilities, V1 flying bomb sites, and munitions factories.