This R/C assembly kit model recreates the 4th generation of the Mazda MX-5 (also known as the Roadster in Japan and the Miata MX-5 in the U.S.), the iconic car with a heritage dating back to 1989 and total sales in excess of 950,000. The dynamic and lightweight car was made to amplify the thrill of driving, with a punchy 1.5-liter (2.0-liter in North American market cars) inline 4-engine and 6-speed transmission, while including modern must-haves such as advanced safety equipment.
The Tamiya R/C model faithfully captures the fun and maneuverability of the real life subject as it comes on the proven M-05 M-chassis platform. The M-05 is a simple to build FWD (front wheel drive) machine, which allows for plenty of after-market parts to be outfitted as you grow with your skill. The lightweight, narrow semi-monocoque frame offers an optimized weight distribution and a low center of gravity. A ground-hugging 4-wheel independent double wishbone suspension and a 3-piece steering linkage ensure excellent stability during high-speed cornering.
Three wheelbase lengths (210mm, 225mm, 239mm) are possible by simply switching the position of the rear suspension parts, enabling a wide range of body choices available from Tamiya.
- Scale: 1/10
- Construction type: Assembly kit
- Terrain use: On-Road
- Drive-train: 2WD FWD
- Drive type: Gearbox
- Drive line: Dog bone
- Differential type: Gear
- Suspension: Fully independent double wishbone
- Steering mechanism: Bell-crank
- Shock damper: Friction damper
- Shock damper material: Plastic
- Tire type: Rubber
- Tire tread: Radial
- Body material: Polycarbonate
- Chassis material: Plastic
- Electronic Speed Control (ESC): Included
- ESC model: TBLE-02S
- LED Light buckets: No
- LED lights: No
- Motor: 540-brushed type
- Bearings: Plastic bushing
- Adjustable camber: Fixed
- Adjustable toe angles: Front only
- Adjustable ground clearance: Yes
- Adjustable gear ratio: Yes
- Adjustable wheelbase: Yes
- Adjustable track width: Fixed
- Adjustable shock angle: Fixed
- Special feature 1: The dynamic and compact form of the closed-top MX-5 is accurately recreated in durable polycarbonate.
- Special feature 2: Separate plastic parts are included to recreate side mirrors.
- Special feature 3: Comes with stickers to recreate Japanese, U.S. and rest-of-the-world market cars.
- Special feature 4: The nimble front wheel-drive M-05 chassis features a 225mm (M) wheelbase and has a wide range of option parts available to customize it.
- Special feature 5: Includes TBLE-02 ESC and brushed motor.
- Requires A 2-channel radio gear
- Requires B 7.2 battery & charger
- Requires C Polycarbonate paint